Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wild Dynamite

I hope you like my team name for cards:)...that is wild dynamite.  This week has been amazing..again!  Being on campus was such a drastic change from spending time in the townships.  It was a blessing to be able to work on sharing my faith better with the students.  I know it will be super beneficial for bettering my confidence on my own campus.  I experienced various responses from the students...most very open and willing to talk about their beliefs!  We talked with quite a few Christians who were excited to get involved in the new Campus Crusade movement on Stellenbosch University's campus.  We also got to share our faith with a Muslim girl and three different atheist girls who were very open to the idea of becoming Christians.  None of the girls I talked to this past week accepted Christ, but I believe that the seed has been planted and will sprout!  The coolest and definitely most encouraging meeting of this week was on Thursday.  My partners and I stopped and talked with two girls who happened to be a part of a large Christian student group.  They sent out an e-mail for everyone to come to our group meeting on Friday afternoon to everyone in their group, and about an hour later a random girl came to ask us if we were the "American missionaries" from the e-mail.  So coooool!!  We talked with her for an extremely long time and became amazing friends!  I know she will have an amazing part in developing the Campus Crusade group at Stellenbosch!  Please continue to pray for the safety of our team and also good health.  Many of us have come down with variations of colds...some really bad.  Five members of our team had to stay at the compound one day this week (including me) to try to get better...we're still fighting it.  It is still a blast and an incredible experience for my spiritual growth though!!!

1 comment:

  1. you are welcome to follow this link about the work in Mbeya City-Tanzania; http://saysthelord.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete